At Holy Trinity Rosehill we believe all children and families have the right to:
- Feel valued as individuals.
- Be happy, healthy, enthusiastic and confident with high self-esteem and self-worth.
- Be independent, curious, creative and resilient learners.
- Be courageous and take risks, challenge themselves and each other.
- Know they have a voice, feel heard and know they can make a difference.
- Be able to identify and communicate their own needs and feelings.
- Be empowered to understand and meet their own needs.
- Love and respect themselves, each other, their communities and environment.
- Feel safe and secure and have a sense of belonging.
- Establish effective and trusting relationships and be able to work collaboratively.
- Be lifelong learners and have high aspirations, build on previous knowledge and excel in whatever they choose to do.
To enable this we will offer:
- Seamless education, support and care provision which puts children and families at the heart.
- A stimulating, safe, secure and welcoming environment, inside and outdoors.
- Appropriate, responsive, differentiated, open ended and challenging learning opportunities.
- Experiences that value, reflect, celebrate and build on our diverse community.
- Effective working partnerships to ensure the needs of all are represented and heard.
- Respectful, trusting and effective relationships which display emotional warmth.
- Supportive induction procedures and routines.
- Effective systems of communication.
- A proactive learning community with a highly skilled, motivated and committed staff.
- A fun, fair and fantastic Early Years learning experience.
We will demonstrate our commitment to this by:
- Establishing and maintaining a dynamic and inclusive ethos which ensures there are consistently high expectations for all.
- Maintaining professional integrity, high standards and being effective role models.
- Being inspirational leaders and learners – ready to support and challenge others in their learning.
- Valuing and respecting all, celebrating individuality and diversity
- Listening, reflecting and continuously improving.
- Working within all agreed policies, procedures and working practices to ensure they are brought alive.
- Supporting innovation, being flexible and playful.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Ensuring all staff have access to high quality on-going professional development opportunities.
- Challenging discrimination and stereotyping, breaking down barriers to learning and inclusion.
- Ensuring all systems of communication are open and transparent.
- Making the best of every resource we have available to us.
- Respecting and responding to the voice of our stakeholders and partners, leading the way in multi-agency delivery of services.
- Becoming co-constructors in learning, watching and learning alongside our learners.
Sharing and learning from best practice, locally and nationally.
There are 5 Key Values which underpin all that we do at
Holy Trinity Rosehill.
They inform our vision, development, provision and practice.
Emotional Well Being: Our children and families feel secure in their relationships with us. We make them feel emotionally connected so they can make secure attachments
Love of Learning: We support our children and families to develop their effectiveness as lifelong learners. In our school community we are all learners who recognise that it is ok to make mistakes.
Inclusivity: We welcome all children and families as equal partners and learn from them. We adapt and improve our provision to ensure it ‘enables’ all.
Personal Journeys: Everyone comes to our school with a journey to share so we listen and use it to celebrate individuality.
Creativity: We celebrate imagination, problem solving, unique thinking and artistic creativity. We take the lead from individuals and their inspiration.
Further information about our curriculum can be obtained from class teachers via the school office.
Early Years Curriculum Overview