“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
We are proud to be a Church of England School with a vision for everyone to ‘let your light shine’ as found in Matthew 5:16 (the Sermon on the Mount). We value everyone in our school as unique individuals with skills and talents which we nurture and seek opportunities for them to grow. We strive to provide everyone with the skills they need to flourish in God’s beautiful world.
Everyone in our school has a voice and is truly valued for all that they bring to our school family and the wider world.
We work together to encourage everyone to let their lights shine brightly by:
· providing a welcoming, happy and safe learning environment where every child is allowed the freedom to explore, to make mistakes and to grow
· embracing learning and all of the joy it brings
· celebrating our diverse school community and the opportunity for everyone to thrive and flourish
· providing encouragement and support to all our children, families and community with well-being at the core of our school
· preparing our children with skills and values for life
· offering a rich and varied curriculum enabling our children to discover the wonders of God’s creation and the value of everyone
· seeking opportunities for our children to contribute positively to our school and local community
As a Church school we believe everyone is made in the image of God. We value our school and our community as places where love can flourish. Our distinctive ethos is found in our values, our collective worship, our teaching of Religious Education and our curriculum. Our ethos is the heart beat of our school.
We have five values that are celebrated, lived out and enable everyone in our school to flourish.
· Friendship – Friendship allows us all to grow by supporting and loving others and sharing in their journey. ‘A sweet friendship refreshes the soul’ Book of Proverbs 27:9
· Compassion – Compassion is an awareness of others – being able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to understand how they feel. ‘Be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.’ First Epistle of Peter 3:8
· Forgiveness – Forgiveness is accepting when others make mistakes and moving on – we can forgive and be forgiven. Forgiveness can take patience and courage. ‘For if you forgive others when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.’ Matthew 6:14-15
· Endurance – Endurance is recognising that life can sometimes be difficult and that it is important not to give up. ‘You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.’ Hebrews 10:3
· Thankfulness – Thankfulness is appreciating God’s world and his gifts to us. Saying thank you shows we value others and how they touch our lives. ‘I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.’ Psalm 9:1
Please use the link below to find out more about the Church of England’s Vision for Schools
The following documents are particularly important to our school as a Church School: